Damietta Furniture City
Background and Objectives
Advancing the furniture industry in Egypt, marketing and exporting it through the establishment of an integrated industrial city that competes with the global market and occupies the center stage as it is the first in the world.
- The establishment of Damietta Furniture City as an integrated city specializing in the furniture industry and all related crafts, small and medium industries and feeding industries.
- The city’s contribution to the development and development of the furniture industry through research, development, design, investment expertise, and raising the skills of technical workers.
- Develop marketing and export operations and provide marketing services for local and international small and medium furniture workshops, through permanent exhibitions of furniture products.
- Reducing the cost of production through the joint use of services and the presence of centers for suppliers of raw materials and machines, which reduces the price of raw materials, maintenance and operation.
- Transforming the city of Damietta into an integrated city specialized in the furniture industry.
- Providing job opportunities, which are expected to exceed 25 thousand direct and indirect job opportunities.
- Developing the export capacity of the furniture industry sector.
- Environmental and public health protection, by directing many workshop owners inside the Damietta housing block.
Promote the manufacture, marketing and export of furniture in Egypt through the creation of an integrated industrial city that competes with the global market and takes the lead in the Middle East.
Impact and results
- Transforming the nature of the workshops from being harmful to the environment to being environmentally friendly.
- Marketing, promotion and export operations have been developed, and marketing services have been provided for the products of small and medium-sized furniture workshops at the local and international levels, through the permanent exhibition in the city to serve the local market and open broad prospects for furniture exports abroad.
- Creating more direct and indirect employment opportunities for young people in all related activities integrated with the furniture industry.
- Reducing the cost of production through the joint use of services and the presence of a center for suppliers of materials and machines, which reduces the price of materials, maintenance and operation.
- The existence of paved streets and workshops conforming to the specifications.
- The activity in place for each workshop has become official, as each worker has received a business register and tax card, which makes it easier for them to obtain the funds needed to support the industry.
- Utilization, recycling and use of waste, residues and wood residues in the manufacture of products.